Dental Bonding – Denton, TX
Quick Fixes for Minor Cosmetic Dental Issues
Just because a cosmetic flaw on your tooth is small doesn’t mean that it can’t make you feel self-conscious about your appearance. Dr. Dunson and the rest of our team can help you quickly enhance your smile by correcting minor flaws with dental bonding. This procedure is so simple that it can normally be finished in just one visit! Reach out today to schedule a cosmetic consultation with us and learn more about dental bonding.
Why Choose Southridge Dental Family & Cosmetic Dentistry for Dental Bonding?
- Lifelike Tooth-Colored Materials
- Digital Imaging for Planning Treatments
- Dentist with More Than 25 Years of Experience
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic procedure that can be used to correct various kinds of imperfections. The treatment involves composite resin, a material that can bond directly with your teeth and blend in with your enamel. The resin will be carefully placed on the tooth to cover the areas that have been bothering you. Once the resin has been hardened in place, you can expect it to last for several years, especially if you do an excellent job of caring for your teeth.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dental Bonding?
Here are a few questions to ask yourself if you’re thinking about having dental bonding performed:
- Do you have any teeth that are slightly chipped or cracked?
- Are there any small gaps in your smile that have been bothering you?
- Do some of your teeth seem like they’re smaller than they should be?
- Are you bothered by dental stains or discolored spots?
- Are there any teeth in your mouth that are irregularly shaped?
If you answered “Yes” to any one of these questions, then dental bonding may be a treatment worth considering. Before your treatment can begin, though, our team will need to examine your mouth to make sure that your teeth are in good health overall. They can also check to see how extensive your cosmetic flaws are and help you decide whether dental bonding is truly the best way to achieve the changes that you have in mind.
The Benefits of Dental Bonding
Plenty of patients looking to improve their smiles have been able to benefit greatly from dental bonding. Here are just a few reasons why the procedure is worth considering:
- Typically, only one appointment is needed for dental bonding, which is good news for anyone with a busy schedule.
- Maintaining the results of dental bonding is quite simple. It mainly involves steps that you would already normally take to protect your smile, such as practicing good oral hygiene.
- You don’t have to worry about discomfort during the treatment.
- Among cosmetic dental treatments, dental bonding is seen as quite cost-effective. In some cases, it may be suggested as a more affordable alternative to veneers when only one or two teeth need to be slightly improved.