Oral Conscious Sedation Dentistry – Denton, TX
Afraid of the Dentist? We Can Help
Do you put off your dental visits? Or worse, avoid them altogether? If so, you’re probably like millions of other Americans who are affected by dental anxiety. At Southridge Dental Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Dunson offers oral conscious sedation dentistry for Denton, TX dental patients to overcome their fear and enjoy dentistry. But how is this possible? Read on to learn more about visiting a sedation dentist in Denton.
Why Choose Southridge Dental Family & Cosmetic Dentistry for Oral Conscious Sedation Dentistry?
- Highly Experienced Dentist
- Loyal and Caring Team
- Modern, Relaxing Facility
What is Oral Conscious Dental Sedation?
Oral conscious sedation is the type of sedation we recommend for patients with more moderate levels of dental anxiety. This quick and easy form of sedation is effective and convenient. Instead of administering dental sedation through a mask or intravenously, this option comes in a pill. Usually, in the valium family, you simply swallow a pill to feel a greater sense of calm. You may fall asleep during your appointment, but you’ll remain conscious the entire time so you can be awakened with a light tap on the shoulder.
How Does Oral Conscious Dental Sedation Work?
One of the advantages of oral conscious sedation over other solutions is how easy and predictable it is. Just take the pill about an hour before your treatment. By the time you’re settling down into our dental chair for your appointment, you’ll feel completely comfortable and relaxed. During the treatment, you may experience sleepiness, a strange sense of calm, and happiness. It’s also normal to not remember what happened during your dental visit, which is what most anxious patients prefer. After your appointment, your medication will begin to wear off. However, we recommend that you have a friend or family member take you to and from our dental office. This is not only to make sure you’re safe, but they will also keep you calm if you feel fearful about your visit.
The Benefits of Oral Conscious Dental Sedation
We offer oral conscious sedation in addition to our other options because of the many benefits it allows our patients to enjoy, including:
- Comfort: Instead of wearing an irritating mask, or getting poked with a needle, the pill that we use is easy to take for ultimate simplicity and comfort.
- Convenience: Because you can take your oral conscious sedation before your appointment, you’ll begin to feel relaxed before your treatment even starts. This is ultimately convenient for patients who are affected by moderate to severe anxiety.
- Effectiveness: Oral conscious sedation allows you to remain happy and relaxed, turning a procedure that may take hours into something that feels like minutes.
- Relief: If you’re overly fearful and anxious, oral conscious sedation is a tool that allows you to get the high-quality dentistry you deserve.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our dental office to speak with one of our friendly staff members.