Invisalign Clear Braces
At Southridge Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer a wide range of dentistry solutions to meet any patient need. From regular preventive dental checkups to advanced tooth replacement, we offer the dentistry services Denton dental patients need to achieve and maintain their healthiest smiles. In recent years, more and more patients have expressed interest in Invisalign clear braces. This alignment tray orthodontic system makes it possible for patients to achieve a straighter, healthier smile without needing to mar their appearance with traditional metal brackets and wires. Our skilled cosmetic dentist, Ted Dunson II, DDS, has years of experience working with patients to achieve their desired orthodontic results without the hassle of traditional braces. If you’re interested in learning more about your orthodontic options at Southridge Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, contact our Denton dental office to schedule your Invisalign consultation today.
Who Should Consider Invisalign?
Invisalign is a popular orthodontic solution for teens and adults who want to straighten their smiles even those with more advanced alignment concerns like over, under, and crossbite. Some of the situations where we may recommend Invisalign include:
- Adults and teens with busy schedules who can’t maintain frequent orthodontist visits
- Adults who want to maintain a professional image throughout the course of their dental treatment
- Patients who have allergies or metal sensitivities that may lead to irritation or discomfort caused by metal brackets and wires
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic alignment trays to shift teeth into their ideal alignment over the course of about twelve months of treatment. Each set of aligners is made of clear plastic, and they are formed to represent the position of the teeth one step closer to the desired end result. Patients will wear each set of alignment trays for about two weeks at a time. Then, they will exchange the current aligners for the next set in the series. Every six to eight weeks, patients will need to visit our Denton office for a dental checkup to ensure their treatment is progressing according to plan. The entire treatment typically takes between ten and eighteen months. Throughout your entire Invisalign treatment plan, all anyone else will see is your beautiful smile.
Benefits of Invisalign Orthodontics
No treatment is right for every patient, so before we recommend Invisalign, we’ll evaluate your smile and explain all of your treatment options. If you and Dr. Dunson determine that Invisalign is the right orthodontic option for your smile, you can expect to experience numerous benefits including:
- Completely cosmetic treatment so you’ll look and feel your best throughout treatment
- Faster treatment time and fewer, shorter dental appointments make Invisalign a great option for busy patients
- Removable aligners mean you’ll be able to maintain your regular oral hygiene routine and eat all of your favorite foods
- Patients experience significantly less discomfort and soft tissue irritation with Invisalign trays than with traditional bracket and wire braces, even those who experience allergies or sensitivities to metal